Do Small Things with Great Love!
Extremely versatile in nature and a great furniture piece to own, a futon sofa bed helps create extra sleeping space when you have friends or guests over for a night stay. The best part about a futon is that it can easily double up as a bed and then go back to function as a sofa without much effort. What more? You don’t even require anyone’s help to make it a sofa again. The mechanism is simple to operate and has minimal chances of causing any harm. But, before making a purchase decision, one must know the good and bad things about having a sofa cum bed.
So, this jobless blogger has come up with the major pros and cons of a futon sofa bed to help you make an informed decision.
The Pros of Futon Sofa Bed
- A futon sofa bed is a great furniture item that not just helps save space but also gives extra space whenever there is need
- It can be easily used as a bed or sofa – all depends how and when you want to use the futon
- It is undeniably a blessing to those who live in a small house and do not have a guest room. Simply put it in the living room and expand it as a bed to accommodate the extra members.
- They come in a variety of designs, styles and mechanism options. You can easily pick a sofa bed that suits your requirements
- If you have a low budget, there is no need of buying a separate sofa and a bed – sofa cum bed is ready for your rescue
- If you are a bachelor and shifting to different parts of the country is a part of your job, this lightweight piece of furniture will be the right choice for you
- The opening and closing mechanism are so easy that even the youngest member of the family can operate it easily
The Cons of Futon Sofa Bed
- There are a few designs of a sofa cum that are extremely bulky and can become difficult to move around the house
- The comfort level is nothing as compared to a bed with a proper mattress or bedroom furniture set
- If you are taller than usual, sleeping on a sofa cum bed will be a difficulty
- Durability is also a big question – the longevity of a bed is much higher than a full-size sofa bed or sectional sofa bed
- If there is even the slightest problem in the opening and closing mechanism, it can cost you a fortune
- Because it is arm less, the comfort is not as good as compared to a proper plush sofa
The images below will help you picture how a futon sofa bed look when folded and when full open to use as a bed. Take a look!
So, now that you have a fair idea about the pros and cons of owning a futon sofa bed, it’s time to make a decision. If you are buying it for your bachelor pad, I’ve got you covered for that as well. Read here!